Friday, July 8, 2016

Diva's Weekly Challenge #274



OMG!! It has been a while since I didn't did this weekly challenge!! Maybe it's because I live in my mother in law's basement? Haha....

During this time something happened: 1. We bought the new house and will move in next week; 2. I got my Canadian permanent resident card finally; 3. Last weekend I was in Providence for the CZT seminar#25!!!


I registered CZT seminar #25 after my third Zentangle class, because that time I, who can write wonderful articles but never drew anything since left school, truly believe that I am a genius at painting.
For sometimes I did well.I drew everyday and anytime, wrote a blog about it, been part of a Zentangle exhibit, and shared with my friends. However, some of the unspoken rules of Taiwanese Zentangle market(?) and my personal big moving (from Taipei to my hometown to Toronto) slowly killed my passion. So when I was Providence, I didn't feel any excited in particular way.

(But maybe I was just busied myself understanding English.)

However, tangling as a part of my life, I was really happy to get an opportunity to meet and to understand Rick and Maria. There are so many papular things in the world, and how many inventors of them you can meet?

Moreover, this is also a joviality (and spending money? ) trip and seminar. I like it! If anyone love tangling and doesn't meet Rick, Maria, and Molly, I'll say, joining the classes are worth.

Came back the challenge. Laura let us show our countries colors and create a tile inspired by the country where you live! I thought there are many Canadian maple leafs already, so I came back my original country, Taiwan, to find the idea. Because there are typhoon in Taiwan right now, so the pattern of red part tried to show this news.



Our flag's colors are with blue which represents sky, white which represents sun, and red which represents earth. I used Zendala to show them. However, if I don't be careful, I might drew a picture just like the flag of the Party which I really hate. :p

How do you guys think about it? 

By the way, I run my Facebook fans page again to communicate with the new friends after CZT seminar, but I must say, I still love running a blog, which let me feel I am a serious creator.

Following tiles are my works in the CZT seminar#25. 




媽呀也不知道多久沒有參加每週禪繞挑戰了,可能住在婆婆家的地下室讓我整個人提早進入冬眠狀態。這期間發生了很多事情,其中和禪繞最有關的大概是:我就這樣成為Zentangle的認證老師。

想想去年報名文化的禪繞課程時,上課第一天才第一次聽說Zentangle,結果才上個三次課就(自以為自己是天才)莫名報名這個遠在美國的認證課程,如火如荼畫了一陣子、寫禪繞部落格、還跟過一個展、開了分享會。後來,台灣禪繞界的些許潛規則和自身大規模的遷徙到底也磨掉了對禪繞的熱情(又或者我就不是個能專注在單一興趣的人),所以真的到認證時,並不特別激動,也不真的興奮(畢竟這種認證最重要的不是能力而是繳得起學費),再說腦子忙著理解英文,沒有閒情逸致製造什麼感動。

不過,既然禪繞作為生活的一部份,我同意Zentangle的發想者之一Rick說的,親自去認識他們、聽聽他們自己對Zentangle的闡釋也無妨,這世界流行的事物如此之多,卻不容易遇上第一個發起的人,可不是?

而這也是一趟格外愉悅和花錢的旅程。

回到挑戰題目,本週是用你住的國家的國旗顏色表現紙磚和當地特色來啟動靈感,雖然現在祝在多倫多,不過大概有太多人畫楓葉所以我就跳過楓葉(其實是自己也畫不出楓葉吧),改用我們台灣的國旗顏色吧。我特地選了一張有12個角的壓線圓磚來畫,但又不想畫成國民黨黨徽XD

結果還算OK?


2016.07.08。


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Love it!
    Congratulations! & all the best in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on being a CZT!!!!! And succes with the move to your new house I hope you will be very happy there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to CZT-dom and to North America. And, congratulations on your impending move out of the basement. There seems to something about Asian island countries and an affinity for Zentangle---I think there are more tanglers per capita in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore than any where else in the world. Your Zendala is beautiful and I totally understand why you didn't like your other composition because it looked to much like the flag of a political party you despise. As a United States citizen, I've been awash in uncomfortable politics for many months now.

    ReplyDelete